The Visible Banking Page on Facebook
I am delighted to announce that The VB pagecounts 232 fans to date. The page has now enough fans to create some solid conversation. Thank you all for spreading the word.
I believe the success of any Social Media initiative is linked with your ability to engage with your community and urge them to contribute.
It is critical to REWARD your members, your fans. Rewarding could mean many things such as producing exclusive content, or giving visibiliy / exposure to your contributors. I intend to do both on the Visible Banking Page.
People First! – The First Global Survey on Social Networking
I invite you to check my recent post, “People First! Contribute to the first ever global survey fully focused on social networking in banking”
My goal is to better understand your behaviour and your expectations from a social network provided by a financial institution.
Thanks for spending just a couple of minutes of your precious time to fill the questionnaire, and for spreading the word around you.
Posted items – industry news
There are now 62 posted items. Please find below the latest topics covered:
* Viva Kiva: check this user-generated video in italian
* War of words: Mint.com vs Intuit/Quicken
* the Wells Fargo – Wachovia blog: focus on social media
Please find below the names and a short description of my Fans number 131 to 140 (sorted by chronological order):
131. Oscar Llagostera Gil, Internet Application Manager at Banco Sabadell(Spain): Banco Sabadell launched their Innovation Labs back in June 2007. I hope I will have the pleasure to meet you at the event on Social Media organized by the EFMA in Paris on March 19th: Pol Navarro, Banco Sabadell’s Head of Channels and Innovation, and I will both be sharing our views and passion for the topic.
132. Tanya Lopera: Tanya, could you please leave a comment to introduce yourself and confirm your company and job title?
134. Dennis Pereira, Head of E-Commerce and Outbound Marketing at SNS Bank (Netherlands): I had the pleasure to meet Dennis a couple of times at the EFMA Online Financial Services events in Barcelona (2007) and in Athens (2008). Dennis is an excellent public speaker and one of the few bankers who understands the online channel and ecommerce.
135. Annika King, Retail e-channels development manager in Swedbank Baltic Banking (Estonia): just like Dennis, I also had the pleasure to meet Annika at the EFMA events in Barcelona and Athens. In Greece, Annika did a great job presenting the new generation of internet bank launched by Swedbank Estonia in 2008.
136. Darren Armitage, Enterprise Architect at HSBC (UK): Darren works in innovation at HSBC. I met Darren at one of the Financial Services Clubevents organized by Chris Skinner when I was still working at Lloyds TSB. I recently caught up with Darren at the first BarCampBank in London.
139. Randy Bear: Randy, could you please leave a comment to introduce yourself and confirm your company and job title?
140. Arun Mathew: Arun, could you please leave a comment to introduce yourself and confirm your company and job title?
I invite you to participate to the four discussions available so far:
* Promote your favourite blog on Banking 2.0 / Online Finance! (9 posts – 1 NEW)
* How important is it for a bank to be on Facebook? (7 posts)
* Business Networking: Is Facebook threatening up Linkedin? (4 posts)
* What would you like to find on the Visible Banking page? (3 posts)
I would really appreciate if you could write a few words on the VB page too.