The Visible Banking Page on Facebook
I was touched that after less than 48h, and just a few invitations sent, 12 people became fans of my page. Now, 10 days later, the page already has 39 fans.
I believe the success of any Social Media initiative is linked with your ability to engage with your community and urge them to contribute.
It is critical to REWARD your members, your fans. Rewarding could mean many things such as producing exclusive content, or giving visibiliy / exposure to your contributors. I intend to do both on the Visible Banking Page.
Please find below the names and a short description of my Fans number 11 to 20 (sorted by chronological order):
11. Eric Girard, Business Internet Services Manager at KeyBank (US): Eric is one of Thom Hofer‘s ex colleagues. .
12. Matthew Aman, ex CTO at Yodlee (US): it looks like Matt is well connected in the Valley. Matt is an ex-colleague of Peter Hazlehurst and he is friend (on Facebook at least) with Aaron Patzer of Mint. Matt worked on Yodlee’s next-generation Payments and Aggregation platforms.
13. Amit Shaked, Vice President, Products and Web at WeFi (Israel): I met Amit at the European TechTour last year. I invite you to watch my video interview with Amit. And please check my recent “Posted Item” on WeFi.
14. Alec Dubois, Project Manager at Capgemini (France): Alec is one of my best friends. He is also one of the most professional persons I know, and he a passionate CRM expert.
15. William Azaroff, Director, online banking & engagement at Vancity(Canada): and now, let me introduce William… But where shall I start?! William is one of the most knowledgeable and passionate few social media evangelists in the banking industry. He’s been a blogger for years on azaroff.com. William pioneered the innovative online community launched by Vancity, ChangeEverything.ca.
I invite you to watch my video interview with William, shot after Finovate 2007 in NYC.
16. Nancy Zimmerman, Bank Evangelist at Citizens Bank of Canada(Canada): Nancy is one of William’s contacts. She is a “Bank Evangelist”, I love those titles. I invite you to check Nancy’s blog.
17. David Gerbino, AVP, Research and Database Marketing Manager at Provident New York Bancorp (US): Glad to have another fan in the US. David and I share a few contacts with online finance experts like Jim Bruene (NetBanker) and William Azaroff. I invite you to check David’s blog.
18. John Sharp, Co-founder & Chairman at Authentium, Inc. (US): I have know John for more than a year now. We met a few times in London. I invite you to check my interview with John, and my interview with Doug Brunt, President & CEO (shot at FinovateStartup 2008 in San Francisco)
19. Franck Vitasse, Web Marketing Projects Manager at ING Direct(France): I am connected with Franck since August last year. I contacted Franck to invite him to check my review of ING’s pickuradvisor.com. Please check Franck’s blog, “KultureWeb”.
20. Olga Gil, Product Development Specialist at Nordea Bank Finland Plc Estonia Branch (Estonia): I imagine that I am talking of the right Olga!
I posted 8 items so far. please find below the latest 3 items:
* B2B Spending On Social Networks Could Put Facebook Ahead of LinkedIn
* Office of National Statistics: half of UK now banks online | The Industry Standard
* Civic Banking: Pioneers in Banking 2.0
Don’t hesitate to leave a comment.
There is still no review. Could you please take a few minutes to review my Facebook Page?
I added one new topic:
* Business Networking: Is Facebook really threatening up Linkedin?
I invite you to share your views on Facebook, and contribute to the first two topics:
* How important is it for a bank to be on Facebook? (5 posts)
* What would you like to find on the Visible Banking page? (1 post)
Thanks to Tim, Thirugnanasambandan and Ben for their contribution!