It is a pleasure to participate to EFMA’s brilliant Online Financial Servicesevent for the second year in a row. I want to thank Pol Navarro, Head of Innovation and Distribution Channels at Banco Sabadell, who recommended me toPhilippe Van Fraechem, Programme Director at EFMA.
I believe it is the best event focused on Online Banking I ever attended: the quality of the audience is amazing (almost entirely of senior executives from the leading European banks, as well as more and more banks from the Middle East and the Asia Pacific region), and the presentations are insightful and “hands-on”.
This year, the line up looks excellent again. Well done Philippe!
Please find below the list of key speakers.
* Tony de Bree, Senior management consultant separation and integration at ABN AMRO (Belgium): I contacted Tony on Linkedin a few weeks ago. Tony is a consultant who works on many innovative projects online.Tony wrote a few books like virtualisation in banking. I invite you to check Tony’s website.
* Tim Collins, SVP-Experiential Marketing at Wells Fargo (US): Tim is one of the most high-profile, and influential social media evangelists in the banking industry. Wells Fargo is by far the most innovative bank in the social media space. I invite you to check my video on Wells Fargo 2.0.
* Barbara Roels, Head of Product Management Save & Invest atFortis (Belgium): I met Barbara at the event in Barcelona last year. She works with Catherine Ossemerct who launched Join2Grow.biz, the innovative social network for European Entrepreneurs, back in Feb 2007. Barbara is also the owner of Prompt! Speech Applications.
* Themos Vihos, Alpha Bank (Greece)
* Lars Gatschke, BEUC – Federation of German Consumer Organisations (Germany)
* Dennis Pereira, Head of E-Commerce and Outbound Marketing atSNS Bank (Netherlands)
I had the chance to meet Dennis last year in Barcelona where he won a best of the show award.
Dennis is an excellent presenter, and he was instrumental in the launch of most of SNS Bank recent innovative online initiatives such astheir online mortgage advice service using video conferencing, document sharing and online chat. I very much looking forward to catching up with Dennis.
* Annika King, Hansabank
* Catherine Palmieri, ex Managing Director, Citibank Direct / Citibank.com at Citi (USA): please check Catherine’s website to find out more about her.
* Lukas Gant, Head of Customer Relationship Management at bwin Interactive Entertainment AG (Austria)
* Peter Hoitinga, Marketing manager at Ditzo (Netherlands): please check Peter’s blog to find out more about him.
* Meltem Çora, Akbank
* Christo Vrey, Managing Executive : Digital Channels at Absa Bank(South Africa)
* Massimo Cicardo, BNL (Italy)
* Constantine Stivaros, Senior Manager at Piraeus Bank(Greece):Piraeus bank won the Innovation Award last year for theirInstant Cash service which gives their customer the immediate way to send and collect cash from Piraeus Bank ATMs without a card. I invite to check two additional innnovative services: easypay and winlife.
Please note there are only three speakers from last year:
* Dennis Pereira, Head of Online Sales – SNS Bank, Netherlands
* Barbara Roels, Head of Remote and One to One Channels – Fortis Bank, Belgium
* myself 😉
Conference overview: “Growing channels, growing challenges”
I invite you to visit the conference website for more information.
The importance of conducting business through online channels (including the Internet and mobile services) continues to grow, bringing with it new technologies and new functionalities. These have had an impact on customer behaviour and expectations.
The conference will also look at issues such as:
* What is the best business model for direct online channels? Could examples from other sectors be applied to the financial sector?
* How can banks use new technologies to create richer customer interactions? What impact do Web 2.0 social networks have on financial services?
* How can online channels be made safer?
I very much look forward to attend to Tony’s presentation on “How Web 2.0 can help large financial institutions through the current crisis” and Tim’s presentation on “Natural selection in media…if Charles Darwin had a blog”. I love this title.
I also look forward to participating to the session 2 on Thursday 6 November.
Please find below the topics we will cover:
• How to encourage customers to use online channels and for which functions? How to help advise customers in their use of online channels?
• How to integrate the Internet channel into the multichannel approach to maximize both customer satisfaction and sales?
• How can banks use new technologies to create richer customer interactions? What impact do Web 2.0 socialnetworks have on financial services? What about usability and design, online video, account aggregation,…