SoLoMo Banking. La Caixa taps social local mobile with PremiaT, the 1st online community that connects businesses and individuals. It is designed to help businesses and retailers drive direct sales and generate customer loyalty.
PremiaT gives access to consumers to offers and promotions around their locale anytime using geolocation technology. It also allows businesses to circulate offers among several potential customers.
Using geolocation technology and a search tool provided in the virtual community, customers can find offers and the establishments that offer them on a map. They do not need to print vouchers as the offer is readily activated at the point of sale terminal and is applied automatically. Businesses benefit from the promotion as well with their POS terminal.
PremiaT will be rolled out in stages. The first will be this December with the launching Reus system, which targets POS terminal holders – 30,000 customers and over 1,200 retailers. It will start out with 60 from bars and restaurants, 53 from clothes and accessories shop, 52 from computing, household appliance, and decoration retailers, 35 from spas, beauty salons, and health centres, and 33 from leisure and travel establishments; all in all 233 active promotions. Promotions come in free gifts and discounts – 30% for fashion items, 50% for individual items and services, and 40% for new tyres fitting.
Due to this, la Caixa is regarded as a leader in innovation. It is currently leading in electronic banking with over 200,000 merchant banking customers and over 12.5 million card customers. It also has the most extensive ATM network with over 10,000 terminals. It is also leading in online banking with 8.6 customers, and mobile banking with over 2.8 million users.
- The Reus system is aimed at the 30,000 consumers and 1,200 retailers
- PremiaT will begin with 233 active promotions; 60 from bars and restaurants, 53 from clothes and accessories shops, 52 from decorating, household appliance, and decorating appliance, 35 from spas, beauty salons, and health centers, and 33 from leisure and travel establishments
- For promotion, up to 30% discount on fashion items, up to 50% discount for individual items and services, and 40% discount for newly fitted tires are given
- La Caixa was named Most Innovative Bank in 2011 at the Global Banking Innovation Awards, beating 200 other banks from 40 countries
- The bank is currently the leader in electronic banking in Spain with over 200,000 merchant banking customers and over 12.5 million cardholders
- It also has the most extensive ATM networking with over 10,000 terminals
- It is also the leader in online banking with 8.6 million customers
- It is leader in mobile banking with 2.8 million users in 2012
- Every month, an average of 65,000 customers register with the bank
- Over 40 million transactions are made every month
- Currently, it offer 65 application that have been downloaded 4 million times
Covered by my Visible Banking Team
Have your financial institution been experimenting with Social Local Mobile recently? We invite you to share your thoughts on this initiative, as well as your best practices on ‘SoLoMo’ and online communities in financial services here, via twitter or on our Facebook page.