Christophe Langlois is joining IBM as ‘Social Media Senior Managing Consultant’ (Financial Services, Europe). He’ll work for Andrew Grill, Global Social Business Partner and former Kred CEO.
I’ve known Andrew Grill – Global Partner, Social Business at IBM, a fellow digital and social media enthusiast, for years now.
And even if we’d only met in person a handful of times within the last 6-7 years, we’ve never stopped following each other on twitter (@AndrewGrill and @Visible_Banking) and on our respective blogs (Andrew’s londoncalling.co and my VisibleBanking.com).
One day, I’ll share the rather incredible story behind this hiring process: I will entitle my article something like this: ‘How a tweet, a wacko and a cup of Starbucks coffee got me a dream job at IBM‘. 😉
Updated: Andrew has already shared our story on his blog.
I’m really excited to be working for Andrew and to join IBM Interactive Experience (Global Business Services). IBM is such a highly respected global company which is committed to drive digital transformation and push the digital innovation envelope. You might call me biased, but I truly think that Andrew has put together a very strong team, in record time.
If you know me, you’ll know my passion for social media and digital innovation and my commitment to help financial services and B2B companies to approach social media more strategically and embrace a wide range of transformational programmes including crowdsourcing, the voice of the customer, social customer care and know your followers (KYF).
My 5 top reasons for joining IBM Social Business
- IBM Social Business: in the last couple of years, IBM established itself as one of the global leaders in the field of social business, social collaboration and digital transformation. I invite you to check my ‘20 Top Social Business Videos on YouTube‘.
- IBM’s employees: I look forward to working with some of the smartest, most experienced professionals in a broad range of technologies and industries.
- IBM’s customers: I’m keen to fully leverage the synergies between my personal network of contacts and IBM’s existing client relationships in the global financial services industry.
- IBM’s Tech: I’ve always kept track of IBM’s activities in the social media and social business space, including social analytics, mobile and big data. Unarguably, the technologies behind IBM at Wimbledon (SlamTracker) and their IBM Watson (Engagement Advisor) offerings are ground breaking, hence highly promising.
- VisibleBanking.com: Andrew is one of the few persons I know who can fully appreciate the value of personal branding. He hired me to not only deliver some robust and meaningful social media strategies driving business value, but also to carry on growing and leveraging my Visible Banking brand.
All those reasons make me believe that this new chapter of my professional life is bound to become my most challenging, most exciting and most fulfilling experience yet.