In the last couple of years, I’ve covered TheBenche.com, SEB’s online community for trade finance, cash management and custody professionals, on many occasions on Visible Banking:
* for TheBenche.com’s 6-month anniversary (June 2009),
* when they responded to my comments on the platform (June 2009),
* when they shifted their focus from the Trade Finance industry to include the Cash Management professionals (March 2010),
* I interviewed TheBenche.com’s MD (November 2011).
Last week, I had the opportunity to catch up with Hakan Aldrin, TheBenche.com’s Managing Director, at Finextra’s Social Media Day. It was a good timing as Hakan and his team were about to launch the newly re-designed platform, The Benche 2.5, focused on driving more discussions on the same day (7th April).
Interview with The Sheriff
Please find below my catch up interview with Hakan.
* Key news (award, key stats, improved traffic…)
* How did you drive this surge of activity? (00:51)
* The growing importance of the Forum (01:15)
* How much did you use the member feedback for the redesign? (02:18)
* Live and learn (02:43)
* REWARD your members – new “Like” button (03:00)
* How do you REWARD SEB’s clients? (04:02)
* Mobile Apps: iPhone, Android… Blackberry? (04:39)
* Key reasons to join TheBenche.com (05:40)