This is one of the six videos I shot on the second day of the irn event, ‘Social & Digital Media for Financial Services’ (London, 7-8 June 2011).
If it is my first video interview with GE Money Bank Norway, with Sven-Erik Gjertsen – Online Marketing Manager, it is my 6th interview with a scandinavian financial institution. I invite you to watch my interviews withThomas Heilskov – Manager Group Online Communication at Danske Bank (x2), Thomas Kragh – SVP Digital Channels at NyKredit (x2) and Hakan Aldrin – MD at theBenche.com by SEB.
Unfortunately I’d missed Sven-Erik’s presentation on the first day. I was invited to deliver the keynote speech on the same day at ‘Next Level in Social Media for financial services‘ (Amsterdam 7-8 June 2011).
Interview with Sven-Erik Gjertsen, Online Marketing Manager
Please find below my interview with Sven-Erik.
– Challenges for GE Money Bank in Norway
– 50% of the Norwegians are on facebook (01:32)
– Decision to experiment on facebook: viral vs sales (02:51)
– Campaign open to everyone, targeting the 45-years old + (03:10)
– What about targeting teenargers, very active on facebook, to reach out to their parents? (05:19)
– How to reach out to kids from 3,000 schools (05:48)
– KPIs and goals (08:47)
– The influence of ‘the pink bloggers’ (09:24)
– Results of the initiative: key stats and impact on brand perception and awareness (10:17)
– Key learning & next steps (12:25)
If you are interested in activites on twitter and facebook in the worldwide financial services industry, we invite you to check our updates on the Visible Banking Twitter Watch series, 1,500+ accounts in 70+ countries andVisible Banking Facebook Watch series, 900+ pages and apps in 70+ countries.
We at Visible Banking would be delighted to help you and your team better UNDERSTAND and LEVERAGE social media in a strategic yet pragmatic way.
So please don’t hesitate to call me, send me an email or DM me (@Visible_Banking) to book a meeting and talk about twitter, facebook, crowdsourcing, customer reviews, social media & social commerce in banking, financial services and insurance.