I’ve been following Interbank Peru’s social media activities pretty much from the launch of their first facebook page ‘mitiempo.pe‘ back in November 2009. Interbank’s pages are all in the Top 50 of our Visible Banking Facebook Watch series (1,088 pages and apps in 75 countries).
A couple of weeks ago, I was pleasantly surprised to get some coverage on their main corporate facebook page ‘Interbank Peru‘. Based on my experience, it is extremely rare to receive any kind of acknoledgement, even a simple ‘thank you’ via email, despite the hours spent producing an insightful article or video, and the word of mouth generated.
Kudos to the Interbank team for their excellent influencer management strategy.
Earlier this week, I received a tweet from one of my key contacts in the Digital team of the leading peruvian bank. Basically, he sent me a link tothis youtube video, introducing the new social customer care strategy launched by Interbank on 4th October 2011…
I am excited to annouce that for the last couple of months, my team has been busy collecting data from over 200 twitter accounts dedicated to customer support in 13 countries. I aim to publish the best report on this topic worldwide. Stay tuned on Visible Banking!
* Webank Launches Not One But Four Twitter Accounts Dedicated to Customer Care
* Lloyds TSB Supports its Customers on Twitter! Fine, but Now the UK Bank Should Learn from the Best
* BNP Paribas Innovates Again and Becomes the First Major French Bank to Launch a Twitter Account Dedicated to Customer Support
* Citibank Integrates Customer Support on Twitter into its 1st iPad App for the Mass Market
* ASB Bank Launches a Virtual Branch 1.0 on Facebook
* TooKam.com (Credit Agricole): a Social Media rEvolution in (Engagement) Banking
* Financial Institutions, Be Brave. Believe in Customer Support on Twitter.