Finovate 2007 was a huge success: it was well attended, the lineup was impressive, and the speakers made themselves available during the networking sessions. Well done Jim!
I invite you to check William Azaroff‘s live coverage of the event (Part 1 & Part 2) on NetBanker as well as Brandon McGee‘s live coverage on the Mobile Money and Banking blog.
Excellent networking opportunity
The 7-minutes sessions work out nicely. Another key benefit of attending Finovate was the opportunity to meet with the senior executives of some of the hottest web 2.0 companies, as well as my peers, industry experts, and well-known bloggers. I managed to meet over 40 people.
It had been a productive day for me, I managed to shoot no less than ninevideo interviews:
* Shawn Ward, Co-Founder of Geezeo
* Bob Homer, VP Product Management at CheckFree
* Patrick Gannon, SVP Lending at LendingClub
* Peter Hazlehurst, SVP Product Management at Yodee
* Murali Subbarao, Founder & CEO of Billeo
* Chris Larsen, Founder & CEO of Prosper.com
* Aaron Patzer, Founder & CEO of Mint.com
* Andrew Taylor, CTO of Jwaala
* Brandon McGee, VP & Senior Product Manager Mobile Banking at Huntington
I met over 40 people from the following companies: Vancity, LendingClub, Identity Theft 911, ClairMail, Online Financial Innovations, LaunchSquad, Diversinet, Sybase, MShift, Geezeo, Aradiom, Online Resources, Mint, Atomic, William Mills, Yodlee, TowerGroup, CapitalOne, Citi, Banco de Credito, Billeo, CitizensBank, Synovus, Chase, Absa, Huntington, Amcore, YellowPepper, Metavante, Andera, CheckFree, Prosper, ATB Financial.