Barclays officially launched its ‘Your Bank’ platform, an ideabank inviting banking customers to help drive innovation at the UK bank.
Yesterday, Barclays bank UK kick started its latest nationwide brand campaign by posting on its official YouTube channel a series of videos highlighting its new banking customer crowdsourcing platform, Barclays ‘Your Bank‘.
Barclays Your Bank’s Five key creative concepts
- Your Bank. How can we save you time and not waste your time?
- Your branch. What would you change about yours?
- Your online banking. What drives you nuts?
- Your Bank. What stops it being accessible to everyone?
- Mobile banking. Shouldn’t it be a no brainer?
27 Barclays ‘Your Bank’ Videos on YouTube
I invite you to watch the Barclays UK Your Bank video playlist
, a selection of topics and niche target groups the bank cleverly engaged weeks before taking the platform from beta to launch, including:
- long-standing customers
- business banking customers
- wounded servicemen and women
Goals: increase trust by listening and being more transparent
, marketing director at Barclays Retail: “The Your Bank platform represents a very public commitment to listening to our customers and showing how we are going to act on changes big and small which can make their lives easier. “The campaign which takes the platform from beta to full launch has a bold visual approach to demonstrate listening and is unafraid to ask provocative questions to demonstrate we really do want to hear.”
10 Smart Moves from Barclays with ‘Your Bank’
Please find below four of the ten excellent moves Barclays bank made in my opinion during the ramp up to the launch of their major ‘Your Bank’ campaign, in no particular order:
- Good amount of content and interactions at launch, including employee’s contribution
- Broad range of topics over and beyond financial products and services, including community work
- Telegraph partnership to facilitate their long-standing customer workshop
- Print and TV commercials with a clear call to action: visit the ‘Your Bank’ site
It looks like the open innovation space in banking has gotten more crowded within the last seven with the launches of no less than two new innovation labs, one by Erste Bank and Sparkasse in Austria (the ‘s LAB’), and this one by Barclays bank in the UK.
If neither of those two financial institutions are pioneering open innovation in our highly regulated financial services industry, first direct and CommBank of Australia had the honor to do so in the last 18 months, in my opinion it is always a good sign to see any crowdsourcing initiative aiming to involve banking customers and demonstrate the willingness of a bank to listen and improve and meet its new customer expectations.
You are banking in the UK, ideally with Barclays, what do you think of their new open innovation lab? Would it change your perception of the bank and increase your brand consideration when looking for a new financial product in the future?
We invite you to join the conversation and share your thought on the new Barclays Your Bank ideabank and banking innovation here or on twitter.