I have started to identify and track the financial institutions on twitter since 15 March 2009.
It is a work in progress, so please do not hesitate to flag any missing initiatives!
On regular basis, I will post some statistics and insights to understand how banks are leveraging twitter. I will do my best to spot the hit and miss, the best practices, the most innovative initiatives and the funniest ones.
I will also flag the most relevant articles available on the web.
VB – Twitter Statistics
Please find below some stats (29 March 2009).
* Followers of FIs: 19,946 (total) / 317 (average)
* Updates from FIs: 17,905 (total) / 284 (average)
* Branded Pages: 27 or 40% (basic) / 7 or 10% (advanced)
* Top 3 FIs – Largest Group of Followers: @Wachovia (2,807), Advanta’s@Ideablob (1,769), @BofA_Help (1,696)
* Top 3 FIs – Most Active: three Spanish banks! @bsantander (6,178),@BancoSabadell (2,443), @CajaNavarra (2,027)
Customer Support on Twitter
You will find below the growth of the twitter accounts dedicated to customer support from Bank of America, Wells Fargo and Wachovia.
Please note the rapid growth from @Ask_WellsFargo partly due to Wells Fargo’s smart approach: even though they were still assessing the opportunity offered by Twitter, they created a dormant @WellsFargo account and steadily reached a critical mass of followers.
@Visible_Banking on Twitter / Followers 1-10
In addition toVisible-Banking.com,the Visible Banking Pageon Facebook, thanks for following me on Twitter. I am glad to announce that @Visible_Banking has 154 followers so far.
A big thank to all of you for engaging with me on this exciting platform, and spreading the word around you!
Please find below my first 10 followers (listed by chronological order):
* @cityferret: Eliza Dashwood, Director of Sales & Marketing at Ambergreen Internet Marketing (Scotland) – Eliza’s blog
* @Wesabe: Marc Hedlund, Chairman & CEO at Wesabe (US) – Marc’sblog
* @polnavarro: Pol Navarro, Senior Director, Head of Channels and Innovation at Banco Sabadell (Spain)
* @thebankchannel: Rob Findlay, Manager, Customer Experience, Direct at NAB (Australia) – Rob’s blog
* @StrangeCorp: Strange (UK)
* @JimIssokson: Jim Issokson, VP, Reputation Management, MasterCard Worldwide (US)
* @xbermudez: Xavier Bermudez, Customer Manager at e-laCaixa (Spain) – Xavi’s blog
* @fboza (?)
* @FredericBaud: Frederic Baud, Technical Architecture and Strategy at Societe Generale – CIB (France) – Frederic’s blog – Frederic’s Wiki
* @JCCapelli: Jean-Christophe Capelli, Co-Founder at FriendsClear(France) – JC’s blog
VB Twitter Watch: 66 twitter accounts tracked so far
I am currently tracking the following FIs with a presence on Twitter:
* US – Banks: 1st Mariner Bank, Bank of America (2), Bank of Oklahoma, Chase Bank, Chesapeake Bank, Citibank, Fidelity Bank, First Arkansas Bank, First Federal, First National Bank, Hancock Bank, ING Direct, Nicolet Bank, North Shore Bank, Northeast Bank, Poeples State Bank, RBC Bank, Suntrust Bank, Wachovia, Webster Bank, Wells Fargo (2),
* US – Credit Unions: 66 Fed CU, Bellco CU, Brewery CU, COP CU, CU CU, ELGA CU, FORUM CU, Group Health CU, Idahy CU, Kemba CU, KU CU, NWGA CU, Oklahoma Employees CU, Pioneer CU, Tech CU, Telesis CU, US First CU,
* US – Credit Cards Issuers: Advanta, Discover Card,
* US – Insurance: AIG Hawaii, Dear AIG, VPI Pet Insurance
* Spain – Banks: Banco de Santader, Banco Sabadell, BBVA, Caja Navarra
* Canada: RBC, Vancity (2)
* The Netherlands – Banks: Friesland Bank, Rabobank (2)
* Germany – Banks: BNP Paribas, GLS Bank, SEB Bank
* Australia: ANZozCEO
* South Africa: First National Bank
* Chile: Banco de Chile
* Ecuador: Banco de Guayaquil
* Puerto Rico: Banco Popular
* Romania: Libra Bank
* UK: Capital One
To find out more about social media in banking and financial services, I invite you to check my social media directory and to contribute.