In May 2009, I started tracking the financial institutions (FIs) on facebook. From 128 accounts back then, I am delighted to announce that I am now tracking over 250 pages, groups, and applications.
I believe my initiative is unique, definitely exciting and rewarding, and full of great insights. I aim to share some key stats with you, my blog readers, mytwitter followers, and my facebook fans, and provide some second-to-none recommendations to my clients.
From now on, I will post regular summaries of the Visible Banking Facebook Watch on my blog. I am aiming for at least one update every two months. For more regular updates, I invite you to follow me on twitter@Visible_Banking and search twitter for updates with #VBFW.
My ambition is to establish my Visible Banking Social Media Watch Series (Twitter, Blogs, Facebook and YouTube) as The first point of reference in the Finance industry. I aim to demonstrate that the industry can leverage social media, even though very few FIs do it well mainly due to lack of a subject matter expert. Indeed it is good to know how the likes of Dell, Starbucks and Toyota successfully leverage social media, but the Finance industry is a totally different ball game.
You work for a financial institution? You would like to leverage the most popular social media sites more efficiently, learn how your peers and competitors are using facebook, or find out more about the best practices and the most successful initiatives in the finance industry?
I invite you to send me an email or call me on +44 7736 446 357.
Visible Banking Facebook Watch – Stats
Please find below some stats from September.
More Facebook Statistics from October:
* Most Loved FIs: 115 FIs have 200+ fans, 56 FIs have 500+ fans, and only 38 FIs have 1,000+ fans.
* The 5,000+ Fan Club: 11 FIs have 5,000+ fans.
Top 10s – Most “Loved” Financial Institutions
From now on, to be consistent with my Visible Banking Twiter Watch, I will publish my top 10s in three categories: overall, credit unions and insurance. So far, my top 10s are purely based on the total number of fans.
Please feel free to use those insights as long as you mention Visible-Banking.com.
Top 10 – Overall
1. Chase +1 (US)
2. usaa (US)
3. Abbey Students (UK)
4. TD Canada Trust – TD Money Lounge (Canada)
5. Allstate Insurance – Vehicle Vibes (US)
6. E*TRADE Baby (US)
7. Visa Signature (US)
8. Discover Card (US)
9. KBank Live (Thailand)
10. Progressive Insurance (US)
Top 10 – Credit Unions
1. FAIRWINDS CU (US)
2. MSU Federal CU (US)
3. Members 1st Federal CU (US)
4. SEFCU (US)
5. Founders Federal CU (US)
6. America First CU (US)
7. Evansville Teachers Federal CU (US)
8. University CU (US)
9. Commonwealth CU (US)
10. NCCU’s That’s So Northwest (US)
Top 10 – Insurance
1. usaa (US)
2. Allstate Insurance – Vehicle Vibes (US)
3. Progressive Insurance (US)
4. American Family Insurance (US)
5. Trupanion Pet Insurance (US)
6. Zurich Financial Services (US)
7. Anthem Health Footprint (US)
8. AIG (US)
9. United Health Group (US, Group)
10. Progressive – Pet Photos (US, Application)