If Barack Obama hasn’t, even top CEOs in financial services have started to accept the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: UBS, TD Bank, Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, Kasikornbank, Citi… (updated on 03/09/14)
It’s good to see more and more President, CEOs and other Senior Executives at well-established financial institutions accepting the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and showing themselves under a different light, wearing a more relaxed attire, far from the usual business suit.
Except for US Bank’s CEO, Richard Davis who is still looking sharp on his Ice Bucket Challenge video. And if you are interested, his team reached out to me to confirm Richard managed to salvage his suit. Wells Fargo’s CEO was also wearing a suit.
It was a pleasure to find out that the trend had spread outside the US: I invite you to watch the Ice Bucket Challenge videos with UBS’ Group CEO from Switzerland (comments are disabled), and Kasikornbank’s President from Thailand.
Best Financial Services Ice Bucket Challenge Videos
- Tim Hockey, CEO at TD Bank (US)
- Sergio Ermotti, CEO at UBS Group (Switzerland)
- John Stumpf, CEO at Wells Fargo (US)
- Teeranun Srihong, President at Kasikornbank (Thailand)
- Bob DiMuccio, CEO at Amica (US)
- Richard Davis, CEO at U.S. Bank (US)
- Dan Fishbein, President at Sun Life Financial (US)
- Richard Handler, CEO at Jefferies (US)
- Jim Smith, CEO at Webster Bank (US)
- Mike Corbat, CEO at Citi (US) –on Facebook–
- Phil Chronican, CEO at ANZ (Australia)
- Chi-Won Yoon, Regional CEO for APAC at UBS (Hong Kong) -new addition-
- Richard Fisher, President and CEO at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (US)
- Thomas J. Kemly, President and CEO at Columbia Bank of New Jersey (US)
Please note that I’m aiming to update my YouTube playlist and this article with any upcoming videos from high profile CEOs and Presidents.
Leadership, Social CEO: TD Bank’s Tim Hockey
Special kudos to Tim Hockey at TD Bank: I urge you to watch Tim’s video where he went through no less than three rounds of icy shower in front of his team -who also accepted the challenge- and a rather enthusiastic audience.
You can experience the last ice bucket thanks to a go pro camera embedded at the bottom. This is another cool stunt from TD Bank on the back of their recent and highly successful TDThanksYou campaign.
No wonder the video enjoys an outstandingly broad reach with well over 20,000 views to date.
I personally truly believe in the value of those Ice Bucket Challenge videos which enables CEOs to engage and energise their employees and to a lesser extent their customers. But here we are far from the genuine commitment from a social CEO like Tangerine’s Peter Aceto to both reward your team and engage with your clients on daily basis.
Ice Bucket Challenge Videos on Facebook
Many Ice Bucket Challenge participants choose to publish their videos more intimately, with Facebook their social media channel of choice.
So did my friends Brett King, Founder and CEO at Moven and Aman Narain, former Global Head of Digital Banking at Standard Chartered: congratulations to Aman who recorded an awesome video with his former Standard Chartered Team.