Next week, I will fly to Athens to contribute to the EFMA Online Financial Services and the Mobile Financial Services events: Philippeinvited me to speak about social media, moderate a round table, and cover the two events for the EFMA.
I can’t wait to catch up with my peers and the EFMA team.
I will then go to Paris to present my wrap up at their study day on November 28th.
I believe the success of any Social Media initiative is linked with your ability to engage with your community and urge them to contribute.
It is critical to REWARD your members, your fans. Rewarding could mean many things such as producing exclusive content, or giving visibiliy / exposure to your contributors. I intend to do both on the Visible Banking Page.
I invite you to contribute to the four topics available so far:
* Promote your favourite blog on Banking 2.0 / Online Finance! – NEW
* Business Networking: Is Facebook really threatening up Linkedin? (3 posts)
* How important is it for a bank to be on Facebook? (7 posts)
* What would you like to find on the Visible Banking page? (1 post)
Don’t hesitate to contribute to the discussion board, and post your own topics.
Please find below the names and a short description of my Fans number 71 to 80 (sorted by chronological order):
71. Xuri Frederick: I couldn’t find Xuri on Linkedin.
72. Matthew Sheppard (Trinidad and Tobago): I couldn’t find any M.S. living in T&T on Linkedin. I had a smile on my face when I found another M.S.working at Wells Fargo, one of the most 2.0 banks in the world.
73. Khaffi Becks: I couldn’t find Khaffi on Linkedin.
75. Micah Ram: I couldn’t find Micah on Linkedin.
76. Xavier Marin, student at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (Spain): I am not sure it is the right Xavier. X., could you please confirm this is your profile on Linkedin?
79. Sandy Boutwell: I couldn’t find Sandy on Linkedin.
I posted 24 items so far. please find below the latest 3 items:
* LinkedIns Applications Further Moves the Intranet Away from the Firewall
* ingdirect.com offer a declaration of financial independence « The Bankwatch
* Finextra: Wells Fargo moves into PFM start-up territory with new budgeting tool
Don’t hesitate to leave a comment or post any relevant items.
There is still no review. Could you please take a few minutes to review my Facebook Page?
Video challenge: 10 “good” reasons not to embrace social media!
I invite you to read my recent post entitled “Banking 2.0: 10 “good” reasons not to embrace social media“.
I listed the 10 reasons I hear the most frequently against social media in the banking industry.
My goal is to convince my peers that banks must embrace social media and web 2.0 now.
I created this post to start a discussion. An interactive online discussion.
Please don’t hesitate to leave a comment and add a new reason to the list:challenge me! I will post a video response for every single additional reason.
Related articles on Visible-Banking.com
* EFMA’s Online Financial Services 2008 (Athens)
* EFMA’s Online Financial Services 2007 (Barcelona)
* Banking 2.0: 10 “good” reasons not to embrace social media
* Launch of the Visible Banking Page on Facebook