The Visible Banking Page on Facebook
There wasn’t much activity from me this week.
I have been busy finalizing my presentation forthe Retail Banking Innovations event which will take place in Singapore in 10 days.
Nevertheless, I am delighted to confirm that the number of fans keeps increasing consistently. The page now counts 89 fans.
I believe the success of any Social Media initiative is linked with your ability to engage with your community and urge them to contribute.
It is critical to REWARD your members, your fans. Rewarding could mean many things such as producing exclusive content, or giving visibiliy / exposure to your contributors. I intend to do both on the Visible Banking Page.
Please find below the names and a short description of my Fans number 41 to 50 (sorted by chronological order):
41. Maria Cabezas: I am not connected to Maria on Facebook yet, and it looks like we don’t have friends in common. Maria, I invite you to send me an email to confirm your linkedin profile and your employer.
42. Toby Horry: same with Toby. I only found one Toby Horry on Linkedin, Planning Director at Dare in London. Toby, is that you?
43. Yonni Harif, Marketing Manager at WorkLight (USA): I shot a video interview with Yonni at FinovateStartup in April 2008. I invite you to checkYonni’s twitter and visit WorkLight’s Secure Entreprise2.0 blog.
44. Guillaume Thevenot, Business Development Manager – Hospitality atAmadeus UK & Ireland (UK): Guillaume is one of my best friends. I invite you to visit his industry leading blog on hotels and the hospitality industry,Hotel-Blogs.com.
45. Jesus Perez Sanchez (Spain): Jesus is connected to Fernando Egido Egaña from Caja Navarra.
46. Julien Fursat, Consultant Internet at CSA Consulting (France): Julien is responsible for the e-Banking offering at CSA Consulting. We have never met (yet), but we went to the same university. I invite you to check Julien’s blog. Please note that both his Linkedin profile and his blog are in French…
47. Pol Navarro, Senior Director, Head of Innovation and Distribution Channels at Banco Sabadell (Spain): I met Pol a few times already in the UK and in Spain. Pol is one of the very few Champions for Social Media in the banking industry. He already has an impressive track record at Banco Sabadell.
Pol was one of the key speakers at EFMA’s Online Financial Services 2007in Barcelona last year. I invite you to check Pol’s twitter.
49. Ludovic Philippo, Operations Manager at Expedia France (France): I invite you to visit Ludovic’s “Net Promoter Score” blog. Prior to his role at Expedia, Ludovic worked 5 years in the banking industry. Ludovic worked for Marc who endorsed his job at LCL.
I posted 17 items so far. please find below the latest 3 items:
* Wells Fargo Hitches Its Wagon to Social Media
* Strands Blog: Strands to power BBVA’s Personal Finance tool for its 4.1 million online users
* DB Research – Banking, Financial Markets and Regulation
Don’t hesitate to leave a comment or post any relevant items.
There is still no review. Could you please take a few minutes to review my Facebook Page?
I invite you to share your views on Facebook, and contribute to the first three topics:
* Business Networking: Is Facebook really threatening up Linkedin? (3 posts)
* How important is it for a bank to be on Facebook? (7 posts)
* What would you like to find on the Visible Banking page? (1 post)
Two new responses to the Facebook question. Thanks Antonio and Aden for your contribution!
Don’t hesitate to contribute to the discussion board, and post your own topics.
Video challenge: 10 “good” reasons not to embrace social media!
I invite you to read my recent post entitled “Banking 2.0: 10 “good” reasons not to embrace social media“.
I listed the 10 reasons I hear the most frequently against social media in the banking industry.
My goal is to convince my peers that banks must embrace social media and web 2.0 now.
I created this post to start a discussion. An interactive online discussion.
Please don’t hesitate to leave a comment and add a new reason to the list:challenge me! I will post a video response for every single additional reason.