As you all know, I was very much looking forward to participate to my third finovate event.
I invite you to check my wrap up on Visible Banking, add yourself to the list of tweeps @ FInovate09 (for those you attended the event), check the pictures and videos I shot at the event (and add yours) on the Visible Banking Facebook Page.
16 Video Interviews
I have been incredibly busy while staying in NYC. Indeed, I managed to shoot 16 video interviews between Monday 28th and Wednesday 30th September. I will be posting all of them on my blog soon. Stay tuned!
Interview #6 – Prosper: Tiffany Fox, Communications Director
Prosper is America’s largest P-2-P lending marketplace with over 870,000 members and over $180 million of loans founded. They were one of the pioneers of social lending with Zopa and Kiva back in 2006.
Prosper was named one of the Best of Show winners at FinovateStartup09in San Francisco.
Tiffany Fox, Communications Director
I first met Tiffany in NYC back in 2007 at the first Finovate event. I remember shooting one of my very first video interviews with Chris Larsen, Founder & CEO of Prosper. We shot it in the tiny “luggage room”. 🙂
Tiffany is the Communications Director at Prosper. She’s worked with Chris for over 10 years, previously as Communications Director at E-LOAN.
Prosper wasn’t demoing this time, and Chris didn’t make the trip. Tiffany traveled to NYC to attend the event. I was delighted to catch up with her and meet up in some funky offices not far from Canal Street.
In the interview, Tiffany talked about the following topics:
* Prosper’s recent quiet period (how happy they are to be back out) and the challenge of reactivating registered members
* the importance to carry on building consumer awareness
* how the leaders in P-2-P lending somehow support each other
* the 3 main types of lenders on Prosper: early adopters, social investors, mainstream investor
* the shift in borrowers from the lowest credit scores to very credit worthy
* Prosper’s secondary market, purely auction-based, launched earlier this year
* Chris’s LT vision and Japan, Brasil… and France
I invite you to watch my interview with Tiffany.
A big thanks to my sponsor for this US trip,Finroad the online community for Financial Markets professionals.