ClairMail’s latest banking deal
Please note that this news was under embargo until yesterday.
ClairMail partnered with Alerus Financial, a local and independently owned us bank, to offer Alerus customers a new mobile banking platform – Alerus Mobile Access. The service enables Alerus customers to access their accounts via text messaging or via the web on a mobile phone.
I have been in touch with Joe Salesky, ClairMail’s CEO, and his team since early 2007. I usually catch up with Joe at the hottest online banking / online finance events in the US.
I had the pleasure to shoot a video interview with a very inspired Joe in San Francisco at FinovateStartup 2008.
In September 2007, U.S. messaging and content delivery service provider Sybase 365 reported that:
* More than a third of U.S. consumers can state their bank balance at any given time
* Additionally, 42 % of American consumers can calculate their current balance total to the nearest $200
* As many as 61% of Americans admit to checking their bank balance at least every few days; 29 % check daily
BancVue’s new milestone
REWARDChecking is a free checking account offering a high-interest reward rate and ATM fee refunds worldwide when consumers meet cost saving and revenue generating electronic banking requirements.
* As of August 1, REWARDChecking accounts have eclipsed $5.5 billion in deposits nationwide and attracted more than 610,000 consumers interested in earning high-interest rewards on their checking accounts.
* REWARDChecking is currently attracting a new depositor every 45.6 seconds.
* Close to 400 community financial institutions are currently offering REWARDChecking accounts.
I met John Waupsh, CEO of First ROI, and Gabriel Krajicek, CEO of BancVue, in San Francisco a few months ago.
John and Gabe demoed their new online search tool, CheckingFinder.com, at FinovateStartup 2008. They did a great job: their presentation was one of the very best. They have so much energy, so much passion. And a good service. Well done guys!
I invite you to check the video interview I shot with John and Gabe at the end of such a busy day.
CheckingFinder.com, a new online search tool that allows consumers to find, compare and sign up for REWARDChecking accounts online.