This is one of the six videos I shot on the second day of the irn event, ‘Social & Digital Media for Financial Services’ (London, 7-8 June 2011).
It was my first video interview with an Irish bank, and I was delighted to record it with John Hearne, Head of Direct Sales. Unfortunately I’d missed John’s presentation on the first day. I was invited to deliver the keynote speech on 7 June at ‘Next Level in Social Media for financial services‘ (Amsterdam 7-8 June 2011).
I invite you to watch some of my 100+ interviews with financial services Executives passionate about social media, all over the world.
About AIB (from Wikipedia)
Allied Irish Banks p.l.c. (AIB) is a major commercial bank based in Ireland. AIB is one of the so called “big four” commercial banks in the state. The bank has one of the largest branch networks in Ireland; only Bank of Ireland fully rivals it. AIB offers a full range of personal and corporate banking services. AIB Capital Markets is the division of the company that offers international banking and treasury operations.The bank also offers a range of general insurance products such as home, travel, and health insurance. It offers life assurance and pensions through its wholly owned subsidiary, Ark Life Assurance.
Interview with John Hearne, Head of Direct Sales at AIB
Please find below my interview with John.
– AIB’s social media strategy (00:13)
– A mix of excitment and fear from the Senior Management (01:00)
– How did you address those concerns about risk and IT? (01:19)
– AIB’s 1st student campaign on facebook (02:35)
– Goal (customer acquisition) and results (02:54)
– Difficulty to set accurate goals – Live and learn (03:15)
– Long term engagement vs campaign (03:40)
– What’s next? (04:30) – Social media to become and ambassador to the SMEs (05:00)
– Twitter? Security issue with url shorteners… (05:43)
If you are interested in activites on twitter and facebook in the worldwide financial services industry, we invite you to check our updates on the Visible Banking Twitter Watch series, 1,450+ accounts in 70+ countries andVisible Banking Facebook Watch series, 900+ pages and apps in 70+ countries.