This infographic on digital disruption highlights the key results from the German digitisation consumer report 2014 published recently by Roland Berger Strategy Consultants.
You will find below 10 top insights on digital disruption.
1. Digitisation of communication
- 37% of our daily communication is digital already
- 1h increase in daily surfing time since 2012
- 27% increase in mobile surfing since 2012
- 171% growth for Spotify since 2012
2. Digitisation of consumption
- 41% of all decision-relevant shopping information comes from digital sources
- 25% of all decision-relevant shopping information comes from either the internet or social media
- 2.6x times more influential, that is what online shopping information is compared to shopping information from TV
- 41% of all first-time product and service purchases are through digital channels
3. Digitisation of products
- 33% of consumers already consider digital future technologies relevant for their personal lives
- “Augmented reality”, “same day delivery” and “life logging devices for health care purposes” are the most relevant future technologies for tech-savvy consumers
Digital Disruption Infographic
Please find below an infographic highlighting the three streams of digital disruption.
The study emphasises the importance of providing an excellent and consistent digital customer experience on mobile and online, the value of capturing and leveraging publicly the voice of the customer and how real the concept of ‘Zero Moment of Truth‘ introduced by Google back in 2011.