Please find below the presentation I will give today at SOMESSO Zurich 09 with all the relevant links.
Slide 4: Visible-Banking.com: Exclusive Content
* VB Interviews
* VB Directory: Social Media Initiatives in Financial Services
* VB Social Media Watch Series: Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, YouTube
Slide 7: Still doubting the Power of Social Media?
* The Facebook Group: HSBC Stop the Great HSBC Graduate Ripp-Off!!!
* YouTube Video: Debtors Revolt Begins Now!
* Video – UGC: YouTube Videos from Bank Detractors & Advocates
Slide 8: A Phased Approach to Social Media
* Video – The Four Kinds of Social Media Projects
Slide 12: Wells Fargo 2.0
* Video Interview: Tim Collins, SVP Experiental Marketing
* Video Interview: Jim Smith, EVP – Head of Internet Services
* Wells Fargo 2.0
* Wells Fargo Blogs
Slide 13: Advanta, Ambassador for the SME Sector
* Video Interview: Ami Kassar, Chief Innovation Officer
* Ideablob.com, BlobLive.com, EquityBiz.com
Slide 14: Severus CU’s “Young & Free in Alberta”
* Slidehsare – Tim McAlpine’s “Young & Free: Building Relationships Through Social Media”
Slide 16: Twitter in Numbers
* Visible Banking on Twitter: Follow @Visible_Banking
* Giga Tweet, compete.com
Slide 19: Visible Banking Twitter Watch
* Visible Banking Twitter Watch on Visible Banking (#13 updates so far)
* Visible Banking Twitter Watch on Twitter (#VBTW)
* Visible Banking Social Media Watch Series
Slide 20: FIs & Customer Services on Twitter
* @BofA_help, 1st Mariner Bank’s @FMBCustServ, @ANZ_Responds, @Ask_TDBank, @Ask_WellsFargo, @AskAmex, @AskPayPal, Blue Cross Blue Shield – @BCBSOK – @BCBSTX – @BCBSIL – @BCBSNM, @Westpac_help
* More on the VB Social Media Directory
Slide 21: Start Now… Leverage Later
* WellsFargo, Ask_WellsFargo
Slide 23: Smart Marketing & Social Media
* Wachovia – Contact Us
Slide 24: Deal w/ Hacking & Don’t Be the Spammer!
* Financial Institutions + Spam + Twitter #1: You’ve been hacked… So what? Deal With it!
* Financial Institutions + Spam + Twitter #2: Don’t Be The Spammer!
Slide 25: @Ask_WellsFargo – Best Practice
Slide 26: @UBank – Customer & Employee Advocacy
* Breaking News (Video) – Social Media – UBank Launches their Time Capsule to Celebrate their Anniversary and Asks People to Upload Content
* Visible Banking Twitter Watch: UBank (backed by NAB) Rewards its Followers by Giving them a free 1gb USB Flash
Slide 27: Twitter & ROI – Success Story 1
Slide 28: Twitter & ROI – Success Story 2
Slide 29: Twiter & ROI – Success Story 3
Slide 30: Innovation: Banking on Twitter
Visible Banking Social Media Watch Series: Tracking over 1,300 initiatives in 40+ countries
To find out more about social media in finance, I invite you to follow me on twitter, and check my four social media watch series:
* Visible Banking Twitter Watch – 800+ accounts / 40+ countries
* Visible Banking Facebook Watch – 250+ pages / 35+ countries
* Visible Banking Blog Watch – 135+ blogs / 15+ countries
* Visible Banking YouTube Watch – 165+ channels / 20+ countries
Visible Banking Quick Wins
Most of the time, you can identify a lot of areas for improvement, easy to fix, which would make your social media initiatives more successful:
* simplify and optimize your interface
* identify passionate contributors among your employees
* produce a stronger editorial line and more valuable content
* identify your influencers (advocates and detractors) and start building relationships with them asap
* promote your initatives on your own assets (public website, online banking…)
* fully leverage all the key social media sites to cross-market your initiatives and your content
I would be delighted to have a chat with you about your social media strategy, so please do not hesitate to call me on +44 7736 446 357 or send me an email to christophe[dot]langlois[at]visible-banking[dot]com.