Last Thursday, I had the pleasure to meet Julie Meyer atthe Web 2.0 Strategies 2008 event where we were both speaking.
Julie invited me to Entrepreneur Country, an event organized by her company, Ariadne Capital.
I love the VC industry, and what a great job to be a VC: VCs meetpassionate entrepreneurs with a vision, and identify the startups which will somehow change the world or revolutionize the way we live, the way we communicate.
I have a particular interest for online and mobile startups in online finance, banking, media and technology.
I was delighted to be the only blogger invited by Sven Lingjaerde, Founder & President at European Tech Tour Association, to cover the excellentEuropean Tech Tour – Web and Communities summit event last year.
I invite you to watch some of the 16 video interviews I shot at the event:
* Wikio – Pierre Chappaz, Founder & CEO (ex-Founder of Kelkoo)
* Dailymotion – Mark Zaleski, Chairman
* CyberSports – Malcolm Clark, CEO
* Seatwave – Joe Cohen, CEO
* cocomment – Matt Colebourne, CEO
Julie Meyer and Entrepreneur Country
Julie is well known in the VC industry. She founded the famous First Tuesday events back in 98. She funded Ariadne Capital at the end of 2000.
Entrepreneur Country is an event and platform for a manifesto that will bring together 400 venture capital and private investors, as well media, analysts and other leading entrepreneurs.
I very much look forward to attend the event, meet with the speakers, network and share my views on social media and web 2.0 with the VCs.
Please check the full agenda.
* Jalal Bagherli – CEO of Dialog Semiconductor and the former first CEO of AlphaMosaic
Dialog Semiconductor is a world-leading developer and supplier of power management, audio semiconductor technology.
* Seb Bishop – President and CMO of MIVA – Founder of Espotting. Speaking about social enterprise
MIVA is the new name for the FindWhat.com Group. One company. One brand. One mission. To help businesses grow.
4 company presentations
* Digital Stores – CEO Russel Coultart
Digital Stores are the leading supplier of online retail stores for personality brands in the UK, specialising in the music and entertainment sectors.
* SquareCash – CEO Louis Yadgaroff
SquareCashtm is an authorized prepaid MasterCard available for purchase through an extensive UK retail distribution network.
* Independent IP – CEO Martijn Tjho
FUGA, the next generation in digital music supply chain management.
2 discussion panels
* Start ups and the green agenda: Gimmick or goldmine?
Moderated by Ric Francis