Christophe Langlois, Passionate about Customer Advocacy, Social Media and Digital Engagement in Financial Services
Christophe Langlois is an experienced presenter, thought leader, and advocate for social media and personal branding, and he is a regularly requested chairperson and speaker at conferences.Since 2007, Christophe has contributed to over 120 events in 15 countries.
Interested to have Christophe speak at your next innovation / banking / social media event?
Book Christophe now
Prior to his Senior Innovation Manager role at Lloyds TSB, one of the major banks in the UK, Christophe worked in business development, in both telecommunications and banking. In these roles he helped drive significant new business in both the payments straight through processing, and anti-money laundering space.
In 2007 Christophe founded VisibleBanking.com and in 2008 he set up Visible Media Ltd – both to help financial institutions better understand and leverage social media.
Christophe holds an Msc in IT and a MBA, both of which were obtained in his homeland France.
Key Facts and Figures
* Business Network & Readership: about 40% in North America, 40% in EMEA, 20% rest of the world.
* Main digital assets: the VB Blog (1,6k rss feed readers, between 20k-30k unique monthly visitors), the VB facebook page (1,400+ likes), @Visible_Banking on twitter (6,800+ followers).
* Published author: ‘Customer Experience Without Borders: a Practical Guide to Social Media in Financial Services‘.
* Public speaker: 120+ public speaking engagements in 15 countries (chairperson, speaker, moderator).
* Event organizer: 7 workshops designed and successfully delivered in Europe and Asia (wrap up – Singapore).
* Unique insights: the Visible Banking Facebook Watch series (1,350+ pages and apps in over 75 countries) and the Visible Banking Twitter Watch series (1,950+ accounts in over 75 countries).
* WEB TV: over 100 video comments and video interviews with thought leaders from the likes of Wells Fargo, BNP Paribas, Standard Chartered, Rabobank…
|Press Articles & Interviews
* Lafferty – Social media – a retail banker’s guide
* emarketer – Social Media 101 for Banks
* EFMAG – Trends – Not embracing social media presents a new risk
* Information World Review (IWR) – Christophe Langlois’ Blogosphere
* Intellectuell Kapitaal – De bank kan zichzelf opnieuw uitvinden
* Synthesio – video interview
* .Net Podcasts – Meet Christophe Langlois – Twitter’s “missing link”
* TECHtoc.tv – Media Aces par Christophe Langlois
* ComputerWeekly – A guide to using social media for business – Top 10 banks on Twitter – Twitter revives trading pits, How will the UK’s new banks look?
* emarketer (blog) – Social Media Resources for Banks
* International Herald Tribune – Living and Working in a Changing World
* Journal of Financial Services Technology – Banking on Web 2.0 & BeyondPublic Speaking Engagements in 2012
Indonesia – Social Media in Financial Services, Jakarta
Singapore – Next Bank Asia, Singapore
France – EFMA’s Digital Financial Services – Marketing, Paris
France – EFMA’s Digital Financial Services – Organization, Paris
UK – Social Media in Financial Services, London
UK – Social Media in Payments, LondonPublic Speaking Engagements in 2011
Australie – Book Launch Party, Sydney
France – Online Financial Services Study Day, Paris
France – Customer intelligence & CRM, Paris
France – Online Banking: the e-volution, Paris
France – Mobile Banking & Payments, Paris
Greece – the Bank Management Conference, Athens
Hong Kong – Reputation Risk Management in the Financial Sector, HK
Indonesia – Social Media in Financial Services, Jakarta
Malaysia – Social Media Workshop, Kuala Lumpur
Netherlands – Next Level in Social Media, Amsterdam
Netherlands – Rabobank’s Social Media Day, Utrecht
Singapore – Book Launch Party, Singapore
Thailand – Social Media & Corporate Affairs, Bangkok
UK – Operations & Customer Experience, London
UK – Operational Efficiency in Financial Services, London
UK – The Future of Retail Banking, London
UK – Real Time Compliance in Social Media, London
UK – Being a Successful Bank through Social Engagement (FS Club), London
UK – Social & Digital Media for Financial Services, LondonPublic Speaking Engagements in 2010
UAE – Middle East Customer Experience Summit, Dubai
Bahrain – Social Media Workshop, Barhain
France – New Biz Models & Social Media in Banking @ ENPC MBA, Paris
Monaco – FundForum 2010, Monaco
Greece – Bank Management Conference, Athens
Sweden – Dialog Konferansen 2010,
UK – Financial Services Forum – The Social Media Revolution, London
UK – Euromoney Retail Banking School, London
UK – LIMRA’s 34th European Annual Meeting, London
UK – iStrategy 2010, London
UK – IFA Life’s Social Media in Financial Services 2, London
UK – SAP’s Breakfast Meeting, LondonPublic Speaking Engagements in 2009
Bahrain – MEFTEC 09, Bahrain
France – Social Media Revolution & Impact on Financial Services, Paris
France – Google’s Roundtable “Banking for the Youths”, Paris
Malaysia – E-Channel Management for Retail Banking, Kuala Lumpur
Netherlands – Congres Sociale Netwerken, Rotterdam
Spain – BarCampBank, Madrid
Switzerland – SOMESSO, Zurich
UK – Realising the Benefits of Web 2.0 in FS, London
UK – Face The Challenge of Social Media, London
UK – Digital Cream 2009, London
UK – Social Media B-to-B Forum, London
UK – Engaging the Customer: Getting it right with Social Media, London
UK – Future of Digital Marketing 2009, London
UK – Loyalty World 2009, London
UK – SOMESSO London 09, London
UK – Social Media in Financial Markets, London
UK – LIMRA – Discussion Forum on SoMe & FS, London
UK – Financial Services Club – “Innovation in Banking”, London
Public Speaking Engagements in 2008
France – EFMA – Les Canaux du Future, Paris
France – Credit Agricole’s IT Innovation Day, Paris
Greece – EFMA – Online Financial Services 08, Athens
Singapore – Retail Banking Innovations 08, Singapore
UK – Web 2.0 Strategies 2008, London
UK – KCUK 2008, London
UK – EFMA – Microsoft Banking Advisory Council, London
UK – Online Information Conference 08, London
US – the Online Retail Banking Services 2008 conference, New York
US – FinovateStartup, San Francisco
Public Speaking Engagements in 2007
We invite you to check Christophe’s 100+ endorsements on Linkedin.
“It was a pleasure to have Christophe, whom I had established contact with through his visible banking blog when I worked at ING 2 years ago, chair the CoreVentus ‘channel management for retail banking’ event in Kuala Lumpur. Bringing in the ‘unexpected’ angles of social networking at justly timed moments, Christophe helped the speakers, of which I was one, interact with the audience which resulted in rich discussions with enough out-of-the-box thinking to make the event memorable to all participants.” April 30, 2009
David Garceran Nieuwenburg, AVP – Asia Head e-Services, Sun Life Financial Asia
“Christophe is an industry leader and a true visionary. I’ve been reading his work for some time and had the pleasure of working with him at the Marcus Evans Online Retail Banking Services conference. Christophe served as the conference chair. He masterfully led the two-day event keeping attendees engaged and focused. His sharing of keen insight, opinion and direct connections to leading industry members was exceptionally valuable. If you want to stay on top of what is happening in this space, stay connected to Christophe and point your RSS reader to his blog.” May 27, 2008
Michael Neil, Vice President Online Strategy at Merrill Lynch
“I have had the pleasure of working with Christophe both in the virtual and real world…Recently, I attended a conference that Chrsitophe chaired for Marcus Evans on Online Banking. Christophe really put together a crisp day with relevant presentations from well respected presenters. It was abundantly clear that Christope brings the same high level of passion for this industry in person as he brings into his own visible-banking.com blog. I have admired his work for quite some time online and can testify that his even more engaging in person!” May 22, 2008
Scott Hurlbert, Director Online Services at People’s Bank
“Christophe and I were both speakers at the April 2009 EFMA conference on ‘Social Media Revolution and Impact on Financial Services’. As a personification of his very useful website Visible-Banking.com, Christophe is brimming with information, and not afraid to share. He can transmit his heartfelt enthousiasm about this subject to the audience. If you’re in doubt about what is possible with social media in financial services, don’t hestitate to contact Christophe.” April 24, 2009
Casper van Amelsvoort, Marketing Manager at Rabobank Nederland